UFI announces the winners of exhibition industry’s Next Generation Leadership grant
UFI, the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry, has revealed the names of five talented exhibition professionals who beat off competition from around the world to win the 2017 UFI Next Generation Leadership grant.
An international jury, led by UFI President Dr. Andreas Gruchow, selected the future leaders for their exceptional initiative in driving change and innovation in their area of the exhibition industry.
The winners of the 2017 UFI Next Generation Leadership grant are:
- Selin Cakici, Vice-Chairof the board – HKF TRADE FAIRS (Turkey)
- Katharina Keupp, Project Consultant – Messe Munich (Germany)
- Neo Mohlatlole, Business Development Director – Seven Colours Communications (South Africa)
- Thomas Revell, Sustainability Manager – GES (UK)
- Diana Salman, HR Strategic Change Manager – IFP Expo (Lebanon)
We’re strongly committed to giving next generation leaders a voice and a global platform to further thrive,” says UFI Managing Director Kai Hattendorf. “At UFI we meet a lot of dedicated young people worldwide who are putting their energy, ideas, initiative, into the exhibition industry: the NGL grant recognises, and celebrates the best of these talents.”
This year’s competition reflects the huge diversity of careers in the exhibition industry. Applicantions were handed in from four continents, and included show directors, business developers, IT experts and sustainable development managers among others.
This year’s UFI Next Generation Leaders will now embark on an investigation into the future of exhibitions, working closely with the team at UFI headquarters in Paris. They will present their findings in a special session at the 84th UFI Global Congress in Johannesburg (South Africa) – the world exhibition industry’s leading annual global event. Their preparations kick off with a workshop at the forward-thinking UFI European Conference in Cologne (Germany) “It’s time!”, on 10-12 May.
“We need great leaders”
UBM has provided valuable support for the Next Generation Leadership scheme in 2017. “The most inspiring part of my role is seeing people develop and learn – seizing opportunities and growing. Our industry needs great talent and we need great leaders. We are pleased to be sponsoring the 2017 UFI Next Generation Leadership Grant”, says Tim Cobbold, Chief Executive, UBM.
The 2017 NGL grant jury was chaired by Dr. Andreas Gruchow, UFI President, and Member of the Board at Deutsche Messe AG (Germany). He was joined by:
- Enrica Baccini – Chief Research and Development Officer at Fondazione Fiera Milano and Chair of the UFI HR Management Committee
- Nicolette Elia-Beissel – UFI Programme Manager
- Jennifer Feeney – Account Manager at Freeman XP and former NGL grant winner
- Kai Hattendorf – UFI Managing Director
- Angela Herberholz – UFI Marketing and Communications Manager and Project Leader of the NGL Grant
- Eleanor Phillips – Group HR Director at UBM plc